The five steps that help the average personal computer user to fight viruses and worms include:
- Watch for new software downloads that add to new layers of protection.
- Do not open attachments from unrecognized email sources.
- Install anti-virus software.
- Download updates on your anti-virus software. New viruses require new solutions and companies like McAfee are constantly – 24 hours a day, every day of the year – building new protective measures against the latest outbreak.
- Finally, back up your critical information to preserve it in a worst-case scenario.